Home sweet home
We just returned home Thursday evening after four days visiting family in Pennsylvania. It was wonderful to see everyone that I managed to pack into a busy vacation. There are a few things I regret not getting around to (lunch with Amy, seeing the new Children's Zoo, eating at Taco Bell), but it was a happy, productive trip.
I got to see most of my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents on both sides of my family (and Damian's cousins, too) which is always fun. It's amazing how much the kids change when a year goes by between visits! I was also able to spend time with my parents, my sister, and my adorable nephew.
Today we spent the morning organizing the huge van-load of things Damian dug up from his childhood and brought back to Maine. This meant rearranging everything that was already in the basement and cleaning up all the sawdust to make room for boxes and boxes of stuff. This also meant setting up one of the drum sets in the attic. Great.
The whole process of sorting through these things while still in Erie was interesting. There were a lot of things that were fun to discover, but weren't worth keeping another decade or more, so off they went to the great basement in the sky.
I wonder what things we'll find 20 years from now that will stir up memories of today?

<< Home